Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chased a Sunrise Down to the Corner ~ Pasadena, Calif.

 I saw it developing from the pre-dawn window;  a sunrise with interest. There is no real vantage for me to take a photo of the sky near the horizon without the trees and city hardware in the way.  After making coffee the sky was glowing red insisting I come out a play. Found some openings partially obscuring the sunrise, but at the corner all manner of obstructions presented itself. Got a composition with the old street lights and the silhouettes of palm and the rest, as cars were beginning to pick up the numbers for the workday commute.  In a matter of just a few minutes the clouds began to give up red for yellows, and the street lights had enough good sense to call it a night.   Jim Staub 





4 comments:

  1. So Jeem -- this is the blogs you've been keeping under wraps! This is GORgeous, many thanks for coming out of the closet. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very kind indeed of you to take such notice of the photos lil' greenie. I shall scour the heavens for more such celestial alchemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! And btw, if you do decide to do a book and need an editor, I humbly offer my services
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a swell offer, Barbara. Thank you for taking a look also. I can use a photo editor, which I know you have done your share of at that place of higher learning. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete