Sunday, February 5, 2012

Working the Angles Workshop at Pasadena City Hall ~ Feb. 4, 2012

Pasadena city hall's central domed tower.

Avid photographer/actor, Gale Davis made this delightful video
as a student during my workshop.  He gets extra credit for this
production he knocked out in short order. Thank Gale!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_sPZdGs09c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My good friends at the Pasadena Museum of History invited me to lead a photography workshop, on a blazing blue sky morning Saturday as it turned out. Perfect light to study the effects of shadows especially. Super nice and attentive group, with a range of cameras.  These intrepid camera slingers followed me around the grounds and interior of city hall for some tips and advice.  Here's few snaps I made in the course of the workshop. Thanks for making this a fine outing in Crown City! Jim Staub

From City Hall looking N.E. to All Saint Church and San Gabriel mountains beyond.
Workshop group working the angles.



Shooting from second floor walkway.

Stairwell in S.E. tower.
Photographing into the courtyard .
From the upper portico looking east to the city hall courtyard.

Workshop members crossing city hall courtyard.
Photographing the Robinson Bros. sculpture adjacent to city hall.



Workshop attendees with the Jackie and Mack Robinson sculptures.




4 comments:

  1. http://karsten-m72.blogspot.com/

    Hi, I'm from Denmark, enjoy your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karsten, How very kind of you to make a comment about your interest in these photographs. I here you are have a very harsh winter. Makes some very fine photos at least! I will enjoy your blog I think. Jim Staub

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some danish friends on blogspot, but one day I began to
    search for new sites, and I found yours.

    My english is not perfect, so we have to keep it simple.

    You posted a picture of a totally blue sky.

    Every morning on Danish radio we hear Donald Peers singing an old
    Erwin Berlin song
    "Blue skies
    Smiling at me
    Nothing but blue skies
    Do I see"

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fitting you should connect the sky I created to that classic song, Blue Skies. Hadn't thought of it. Hope you are having a bit of blue now and then in Denmark. Your English is way better than my non-existent Danish, Karsten! All the best, Jim

    ReplyDelete